Thursday, February 2, 2012

D'Awwww

Patterned Gerbil:
      This is simply too cute. Gerbils are the cutest thing ever so it wasn't hard to make this look good. The main thing that I didn't like about this project is the differences in diamond size on areas right next to each other, such as where the legs meet the body. The shaping around the gerbil ended up looking pretty nice though so I am overall happy with this immensely cute project.



Bunny Fox:
      This is my Bunny Fox or....Box? or...Funny? If the last one was cute, this one has to be even cuter. The original pictures of both the bunny and the fox were already SUPER adorable and together they make an animal that actually looks like it could be real. I used the grass and body from the bunny picture and the background daisies and head from the fox picture. This got really confusing for a little bit with all the layers, most likely because this was our first project without a specific tutorial for it and I was kind of making it up as I went. I made a clone of the daisy/head layer and made the top layer black and white in order to get the head to be the same color as the body. I then erased around the head which revealed the colored layer underneath. In order to further match the fur, I put the eraser on low opacity and erased sections of the head in order to see a tinge of color from the layer underneath. This project was really fun and certainly not as hard as I thought it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment